2019 Annual Conference
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2019 to Saturday, February 9, 2019
Time: Keynote addresses start 4:30 pm on Thursday, Feb 7th, the conference will wrap up at 4:00 pm on Saturday, Feb 9th.
Location: Le Meridien, New Orleans, LA
Early bird registration ends December 31st, 2018. Registration for the conference will close January 25th, 2019. Click HERE to Register!
The 2019 National Conference of APAHC will address the many clinical, research, training, and administrative topics pertinent to psychologists and other providers working in academic health centers. The theme for the Conference is Psychology on the Cutting Edge: Celebrating Psychologists’ Roles, Contributions, and Diversity in Academic Health Centers.
Keynote speakers include Darrell Kirch, MD, Bradley Karlin, PhD ABPP, and Jared Skillings, PhD ABPP. Dr. Kirch is the President and CEO of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and will give an address on the influence of academic medicine on leading change across multiple platforms, such as medical education, research, and patient care. Dr. Karlin is vice president and chief of mental health and aging at Education Development Center, working with public and private health care systems to promote the dissemination and delivery of evidence-based psychological treatments and to improve mental health and dementia care for older adults. He will give an address on dissemination and implementation of evidence-based psychological treatments in health care. Dr. Skillings is chief of professional practice of the American Psychological Association, which is responsible for promoting the practice of psychology and the availability of behavioral health services through federal and state legislative advocacy, legal and regulatory initiatives, and public education. He will give an address on professional practice and his experiences in this role at APA. Additional speakers and panels will address important topics such as diversity, the health service psychology workforce, policy and integration, transgender health, and models of integration of psychologists in academic medicine.
The Conference is a great opportunity to learn a range of skills valuable to functioning as a psychologist in an academic health center, meet new colleagues, and reconnect with old colleagues. We also encourage providers of other professions to attend to continue and grow collaborations.
We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans!
Early bird registration ends December 31st, 2018. Registration for the conference will close January 25th, 2019.
Interprofessional Education Workshop
- NEW day-long, interactive workshop focused on Interprofessional Education (IPE)
- This workshop is aimed at faculty or students who are interested in learning how to facilitate interprofessional faculty or student events and/or would like to learn how to design and implement a new IPE event
- The workshop will take place immediately prior to the start of the 2019 APAHC conference on Thursday, February 7th from 8am-4pm.
- For questions or to register, email Wendy Ward, PhD, ABPP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-Career Boot Camp
- Biannual, day-long, interactive workshop intended for mid-career faculty/staff.
- $50 registration fee will cover materials, breakfast/lunch, and CEs for the workshop.
- Application to the Mid-Career Boot Camp is open to psychologists greater than 10 years post doctorate. Space is limited.
- Information about the 2017 Mid-Career Boot Camp can be found here.
- Download the Mid-Career Boot Camp application here.
- Submit materials to Dr. Laura Shaffer at email@example.com with “Mid-Career Boot Camp” in the subject line.
- Deadline for applications will be November 19th, 2018.
- Notifications will be sent in early December 2018 for invited applicants.
APA Internship Site Visitor Training
- No cost to participants for attending.
- Information about the APA Internship Site Visitor Training can be found here.
- Breakfast and lunch are typically provided for those attending full-day workshops.
- Required of new visitors to be eligible to conduct accreditation site visits. Please review the criteria for being a site visitor. Open to new site visitors and experienced site visitors. Experienced visitors should attend the workshop at least every five years.
- Continuing Education (CE) credits: Each participant attending the full workshop receives 7.5 CE credits for licensed psychologists, and the Office of Accreditation pays those fees. You will be mailed your certificate a few weeks after the workshop.
- There is a need in the site visitor corps for generalists (psychologists in areas other than clinical, counseling, and school).
- The CoA makes a special effort to ensure diversity among site visitors. Therefore, the commission strongly encourages the nomination of women and members of underrepresented groups.
- Please email Jessica Jentilet, APA Site Visitor Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the Internship and Postdoc Visitor Training.
Attendee Room Sharing Match
- For those conference attendees who are interested in room sharing or travel sharing with other attendees, the APAHC 2019 Conference is offering a service to connect you with other attendees who are also interested in cost sharing opportunities!
- Contact Dr. Teresa Pan at email@example.com to learn more about this program and connect with others.
(Pricing goes up $20 for Regular Members/Non-Members and $10 for Trainee Members/Non-Members on January 1st.)
Early Career Boot Camp (closed)
- Biannual, day-long, interactive workshop intended for post-doctoral fellows and early career faculty/staff.
- Application to the Early Career Boot Camp is open to psychologists within 10 years of their doctorate. Space is limited and preference is given to those earlier in their careers.
- There is no charge for the Boot Camp.
- Information about the 2017 Early Career Boot Camp can be found here.
- Download the Early Career Boot Camp application here.
- Submit materials to Dr. Leila Islam at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Early Career Boot Camp” in the subject line.
- Deadline for applications is October 5th, 2018.
- Notifications will be sent in mid-November 2018 for invited applicants.
Scientific Poster Session Call for Abstracts (closed)
- Showcase your research, clinical innovations, training and education programs or present on any of a broad range of topics, including: healthcare system dynamics and policy, ethical challenges, funding issues, faculty concerns and leadership in academic healthcare settings, or integrated care and interprofessional relations.
- Download the abstract submission form here.
- Submit materials to Dr. Michelle Jesse at email@example.com with “Poster Abstract” in the subject line.
- Deadline for applications is October 15st, 2018.
- Notifications will be sent in mid-November 2018 for accepted abstracts.
Early bird registration ends December 31st, 2018. Registration for the conference will close January 25th, 2019 for both Members and Non-Members.
CE Credits Available: Unlimited
(There is an addition $45 fee for CE.)
Member Pricing (Please LOGIN to get member pricing.)
Pricing: $260 for Regular Members / $160 for Trainee Members
Pricing with CE Credit: $305 for Regular Members / $205 for Trainee Members
Pricing: $330 for Regular Non-Members / $180 for Trainee Non-Members
Pricing with CE Credit: $375 for Regular Non-Members / $225 for Trainee Non-Members
Purchase Conference without CE Credit as a Regular Non-Member or a Trainee Non-Member
Purchase Conference with CE Credit as a Regular Non-Member or a Trainee Non-Member
-- or --
Click here to become a Member now and get Member pricing!
Regular Member Registration Fee - $60
Trainee Member Registration Fee - $15
A partial refund will be honored before January 20, 2019, less a service fee of 10% of the original registration cost. No refunds after January 20, 2019.