APAHC Virtual Conference 2021
Academic Health Center Psychologists as Agents of Change: Leadership, Innovation & Resilience
March 4-5, 2021
Registration is Now Closed
The APAHC Conference Planning Committee is pleased announce the 2021 APAHC Conference, which will be held virtually on March 4-5, 2021. APAHC exists as Section 8 of the Society of Clinical Psychology (Division 12 of APA), who continue to support our efforts.
Information for Attendees
APAHC 2021 Conference At-a-glance (2 pg printable)
New this year!
Conference programming will be held during daytime and evening hours on Thursday March 4, and daytime hours on Friday, March 5, 2021. Please note that due to the virtual format there will be no Saturday programming as in years past.
Conference presentations will cover areas relevant to psychology in academic health centers, with particular focus in the following areas:
- Examples of psychologists as facilitators of transformative change in academic healthcare systems and/or society
- Psychologist roles and competencies in addressing large crises within or impacting health care or the health care system
- Innovative applications of psychologist competencies and skill sets in healthcare environments
- Strategies to proactively address health disparities in access to care/education and health outcomes
- Underrepresented community equity and inclusion
- Gender equity and inclusion
- Clinician/healthcare system resiliency and well-being in the face of adversity (e.g., COVID-19 or other crises) or in ongoing ways during more routine conditions
- Professional development or leadership skill-building sessions (e.g., financial planning and budgeting, negotiation, personnel development/management, efficiency/time management, etc.)
Lisa Howley, PhD
Integrating the arts and humanities into practice: Opportunities for building resilient Academic Health Professionals
John Chenault, MA, MSLIS, Phd Candidate
Associate Professor-Director of Anti-Racism Initiatives,
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky
Medicine and the Black Body: Race, Racial Slavery, & Medical Apartheid in US History
Continuing education credit for the 10th National Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers (APAHC) Conference has been applied for through Division 12 - Society of Clinical Psychology of the American Psychological Association. Division 12 is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Division 12 - Society of Clinical Psychology maintains responsibility for the program and its content. Pending approval, we anticipate that attendees may earn up to 11 credit hours at the 2021 conference. Partial credit of individual sessions is not available. CE certificates for attending activities will be emailed no later than 4 weeks following the conference to all participants who pay the CE fee and complete the required evaluations. The CE fee is non-refundable.
Registrants in New York: APAHC has become aware of recently updated CE credit requirements for New York, which requires an approval process. After consulting with the APA Office of CE Sponsor Approval, we understand that 2021 APAHC virtual conference CE credits regrettably will not meet those guidelines. Conference registrants licensed in New York may wish to consider this when determining whether to register for CE credits.
Please address any questions about the conference to APAHC.firstname.lastname@example.org.