APAHC Virtual Conference 2021
Academic Health Center Psychologists as Agents of Change: Leadership, Innovation & Resilience
March 4-5, 2021
The APAHC Conference Planning Committee is pleased announce the 2021 APAHC Conference, which will be held virtually on March 4-5, 2021. Abstract submissions are now closed.
We plan to offer a range of virtual programming modalities to provide engaging content and promote participant interaction. This will include our traditional programming of early- and mid-career boot camps, dynamic keynote, and a poster session, as well as a wider range of conference presentation formats.
New this year!
We look forward to developing and complementing this 2021 conference theme with programming from our membership. We invite proposals for oral, poster and workshop presentations for the conference. The Program Committee encourages abstract submissions across all areas relevant to psychology in academic health centers, with particular interest in submissions related to the following areas:
- Examples of psychologists as facilitators of transformative change in academic healthcare systems and/or society
- Psychologist roles and competencies in addressing large crises within or impacting health care or the health care system
- Innovative applications of psychologist competencies and skill sets in healthcare environments
- Strategies to proactively address health disparities in access to care/education and health outcomes
- Underrepresented community equity and inclusion
- Gender equity and inclusion
- Clinician/healthcare system resiliency and well-being in the face of adversity (e.g., COVID-19 or other crises) or in ongoing ways during more routine conditions
- Professional development or leadership skill-building sessions (e.g., financial planning and budgeting, negotiation, personnel development/management, efficiency/time management, etc.)
We invite abstract submissions for all of the following programming types:
- Symposia/Expert Panel Discussion, series of presentations that provide concentrated exposure to a topic, designed to fit a 60-90 minute session
- Skill Development Workshops, interactive training sessions for a focused subgroup of attendees; 90-minute session length suggested
- In-Depth Oral Presentations on high interest topics, 50-60 minutes in length
- Short Oral Presentations on focused topics, 15 minutes in length
Scientific Posters Submission Instructions & Requirements:
- Abstracts should be no more than 300 words.
- Submissions (except for posters) must also include at least three measurable, behaviorally based learning objectives. Please reference the APA Guidance for Writing Behavioral Learning Objectives
- Presenters are to specify presentation type and indicate their willingness for consideration as an oral presentation, poster presentation, or either. Note that oral presentations may be combined thematically with other such presentations as deemed appropriate.
- All presenters listed on the proposal for an accepted oral presentation will be expected to register for the conference and attend the session. At least one presenter listed for an accepted poster presentation must be registered for and attend the conference.
- Proposals must be submitted online using the link below
Please address any questions about the conference to APAHC.email@example.com.